- Du au
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Sorbonne University, Hall of Acts
On the occasion of the ninetieth anniversary of Serge Gainsbourg’s birth, the Research Center on Popular Music of the IReMus, the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of Sorbonne University and the Collegium Musicæ are organizing the first international conference devoted to this famous French singer and composer at the crossroads of pop and song.
Papers will address the following topics (non-exhaustive list):
- artistic production;
- musical sources and influences;
- relation to the learned culture;
- link to other artistic forms (cinema, literature, etc.);
- career strategy and image;
- registration in the social field;
- gender issues.
The official languages of the conference are French and English.